United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron

+2
Aero
ShadowLance
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron - Page 2 Empty Re: I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron

Post by ShadowLance Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Here's a map for Phoenix by Night. May help with navigation and remember what locations are where, shortcuts, etc.

http://www.aaroads.com/about/images/phoenix_map.gif

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Number of posts : 304

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 pm

MY EYES
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 pm

Sounds like saturday and early sunday is the current game-play for this week, sorry I've been so absent!

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:45 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Sounds like saturday and early sunday is the current game-play for this week, sorry I've been so absent!

No worries Smile I'll start to host again, so this should balance out the ST load as well as offer more games, if we can get isador to host aswell that would be awesome (he thinks his a bad ST) his good, just needs to pratice Smile.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Also, I'm just throwing the idea out there:

While I'm at class all day I could just host a vamp game. No ST, just an open city to chill out in. Comp running while I'm at class.

I know that's not all that fun, since you can just host your own games if you want to hang out, but let me know if you feel differently

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:16 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Also, I'm just throwing the idea out there:

While I'm at class all day I could just host a vamp game. No ST, just an open city to chill out in. Comp running while I'm at class.

I know that's not all that fun, since you can just host your own games if you want to hang out, but let me know if you feel differently

Uhmm, No ST your taking risks there. Without the ST the game would lose it's funess if you know what i mean.
No worries though, i'll try and get some games going on top of yours this will increase the amount of games we have per week.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:23 am

Aye like I said, it doesnt sound all that fun to me, I was just seeing what anyone else thought

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:29 am

ShadowLance wrote:Aye like I said, it doesnt sound all that fun to me, I was just seeing what anyone else thought

It could be fun, i know of some types of Free form that where the host hardly does anything and the players roam around and talk to each other. But with no ST at all that might be slightly harder as the ST can't respond to the NPCs or act out the any of the events etc...

No worries though, if it is too much for you due to class or work etc... Maybe you can arrange a specific time/Date i.e. every Saturday at 6:00 for example. If you have free time anywhere else in the week and wanted to host we could do a group chat then?
Just an idea.

I'll be hosting more often now also, it seems we are starting to slowly lose intrest, however we are getting loads of people sighning up.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:32 pm

i like the idea off having a game to join all day long, but lets not. If the host cant react you might have people snooping around where they shouldn't.
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 pm

isador wrote:i like the idea off having a game to join all day long, but lets not. If the host cant react you might have people snooping around where they shouldn't.

I'm sure they wouldn't do that if you tell them not to go into places they shouldn't or prop them off, without an ST though the game will have no plot or storyline, it would just be player free form.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:20 am

I know this is a bit late, but I won't be hosting this weekend. Got a ton of projects friday and tried to finish them all, but no luck. Then tried to finish them all saturday, and still not done. Going to be working all today and tomorrow as well.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:37 am

ShadowLance wrote:I know this is a bit late, but I won't be hosting this weekend. Got a ton of projects friday and tried to finish them all, but no luck. Then tried to finish them all saturday, and still not done. Going to be working all today and tomorrow as well.

No worries, I'm sure I can try and set something up, thanks for telling us Ze shadow.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:21 am

Game was a bit chaotic, I think from now on I need to have everyone play one introduction game before diving into the main storyline. My game isn't exactly a freeform.

I'm not angry, and I'm not pointing at anyone in particular. Only fault was my own for not taking a handle on things.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:33 pm

ShadowLance wrote:
I'm not angry, and I'm not pointing at anyone in particular. Only fault was my own for not taking a handle on things.

I'm not just a "freeform" ST, most freeform is just chatting between players with little effort from the ST.

...Yeah i agree with you there shadow, though I do sometimes host a game for newbies that shows them the basicis, I just didn't have time this time.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 am

No blame on you Tom, no worries there

No time today to host, shooting for thursday, otherwise the weekend

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Update on the chron.

Due to timezone differences (and my lack of free time lately), I'm going to host a series of "dream" games for individual players.

These will be no-rolling, all RP, and will all end the same way (linking everyone back up with the main storyline).

The main storyline will continue when I can get a good handful of people in-game. A few key figures needed for the story to start again: Lysander, David, Zack, Lithurian, Auron. Would be great to get Nathan and Ash as well.

The upcoming main storyline game will be only with established characters, after that I can work on getting other new players in.

Which brings me to the next thing. New players need to have a chat with me before dropping into the storyline. I feel guilty leaving anyone off on their own because I'm storytelling a detailed scene for the majority of the players. Also we need to discuss your reasons for coming to the city, how you got in, and I give a good description of the city so you know what your surroundings are. And to be honest, we should have specific games to deal with newcomers. These past few embraces have been quick and dirty, which works for a Sabbat city at war, but detracts from the emotion of the game.

Another thing I should mention is that the story is coming to a close. There will be several more intermission games that handle character interactions and sub-plots, but as for main storyline games there are probably only 2-3 more.

No, this doesn't mean I'm going to stop ST-ing. But it does mean that particular storyline is finished. The chips will fall where they may, and it will set up for a future chron involving the same characters in a vastly different situation, but the same city.

Before that though, I'm going to take a short break from ST-ing sabbat, and host something completely different. I have it thought out pretty well and lots of ideas brainstormed, but I still need to write the storyline. Once I've done that, I'll make a new thread for it, and start building the map.

And hopefully I'll be able to sort out this clash of timezones/free time. Much apologies once again for that.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah, Time zone issues has always been a major issue here for us, which is why playing over the weekends or when a break up is present would be best.

Your going to be hosting a type of "free form" which you have called "dream", to me they mean the same thing. Maybe that would be best. It's a shame your chronicle is coming to an end and all, though i'm happy your still going to be with us.

As for the clash of timezone issues all I can suggest is we plan games with a time that everyone can make, this may be mostly weekends, the Calander on the website may also he belpful in this respective.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:41 am

Dream wouldn't be freeform, but highly ST-controlled story

I'll check out the calender

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm

oh pfew, was afraid we were going to have to create new characters lol!
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:57 am

Phoenix by Night Ch.1 is officially over.

This chapter chronicled the rise of pack Reborn to a powerful pack, its survival through a turmoil of mutiny and war, the discovery that the turmoil was the result of treachery and a Camarilla invasion, its time spent hiding in the sewers of Phoenix after a complete Camarilla take-over and the declaration of martial law in the city, using guerrilla strikes to weaken and the Camarilla invaders by destroying the Masquerade, gaining the alliance of an ancient Tzimisce underneath the sewers and its powerful Vozhd to guard their new haven in the sewers,

and finally, tonight, their attack on the Camarilla leaders of the city, after careful planning and preparation, Pack Reborn made a last ditch effort to end the Camarilla take-over.

Though a few freshly made shovelheads and a couple of slightly more experienced Lasombras was a suicide mission against several dozen elders, Pack Reborn showed no fear.

The .50 cal incendiary rounds tore through 5 of the elders before they knew what was happening, at the hands of Dom. The shots tore apart the window of the skyscraper, allowing the rest of the pack to jump in with Dom covering.

Two of the elders immediately took off, fleeing.

Auron and Lysander chased after the two, leaving Dom and David behind with 2 Brujah elders, a Gangrel elder, and a Tremere elder.

Though the pack fought viciously to the last, they were overcome by the remaining elders. David, a Lasombra of more experience and power than most, was able to incapacitate one with Domination, but was overcome as well. The Tremere boiled Dom's blood from within him, dropping him.

Auron and Lysander chased the two elders into a back room. One, undoubtedly the Prince, grabbed a punching dagger from under the bed.

The other elder faced them off.

Lysander's shadow tendrils attacked the prince, attempting to ensnare him, leaving Auron to face the other elder alone.

As Auron swung with the massive sword, the elder tried to dodge, but was still cleaved by the heavy blade. Though his skin was thick with fat and bone plating, the heavy blade in Auron's powerful grip cleaved right into him, nearly severing him in two.

Unexpectedly, a massive gush of acidic blood sprayed from the wound, hitting Auron. Some of the splash also hit Lysander as he charged past at the prince with stake in hand.

Courageously or perhaps foolishly, Auron swung again. Once again, the massive blade cleaved right through the elder's defenses. And once again, a massive spray of blood hit Auron.

The elder was incapacitated, falling to the ground limp. In moments, he had begun to transform into a pool of acidic blood, eating through the floor to escape.

While this went on, Lysander fought with the Prince, who was more powerful than expected and used Dread Gaze to send Lysander fleeing in terror.

This left a heavily wounded Auron faced off with the Prince.

The Prince tried to Dread Gaze Auron, but with a tremendous feat of willpower, he stood his ground, and threw two daggers at the prince.

The Prince moved with blinding speed, dodging one of the daggers, but the other caught him in the chest, badly wounding him. Despite this, he continued moving, closing the distance with Auron quickly and punching him twice with the punching-dagger. Auron nearly frenzied from the damage, but his humanity resisted, sending him instead into unconsciousness.

After dealing with Auron, the Prince then chased after Lysander.

---------------

Meanwhile, Bishop Zeph handed the controls to Jeff (a terrible idea, as Jeff had no idea how to fly a helicopter), and leaped out of the chopper at the elders.

The helicopter wobbled drunkenly, nearly smashing into the building and killing everyone, but Jeff managed to steer it away.

The Camarilla elders didn't miss a beat, immediately focusing all of their attacks on Zeph. Except the Tremere, who seemed to recognize Zeph, and took off running.

Zeph grabbed the knife from the Brujah who was rendered helpless from David's domination.

The Gangrel clawed Zeph several times, nearly rending his scrawny frame in two.

The Brujah stabbed him repeatedly.

Zeph almost fell, but the beast overcame him. In his frenzy, he used the instinctual training of the Sabbat to ride the frenzy.

He stabbed the Gangrel in the head with the blade, collapsing his skull and piercing his brain from the force, then immediately slashed back at the Brujah's neck, nearly severing it in one slash, dropping him.

As the Tremere ran for the elevator, Zeph took the knife by the blade and threw it, intercepting her path.

The blade flew like a bullet and the force sent the Tremere flying, pinning her to the wall. She slumped limp.

In Zeph's frenzy he charged at the remaining Brujah, standing helpless from Domination, and drained him.

This gave him enough blood to heal most of his wounds, burning massive amounts as he drained the vampire dry.

Temporarily gaining celerity from the drained Brujah, he sprinted towards the other room.

-------

Meanwhile, the Prince quickly caught up with Lysander.

Lysander, having finally recovered from the fear of Dread Gaze, turned to fight the Prince.

Dodging his attacks, the Prince then punched Lysander several times, stabbing him with the punching-dagger.

Suddenly, Zeph thundered around the corner at supernatural speeds and grabbed the Prince in a great bear hug, pinning his arms to his sides and crushing him.

Auron slowly healed himself, and gradually began to crawl over.

The Prince struggled with the strength of a dozen men, thrashing violently against Zeph's iron grasp.

Despite it all, Zeph's small frail body held firm, like a granite statue.

Lysander sunk his fangs into the immobilized Prince and began to drain him.

Auron recovered enough to stand up and walk over.

He drew his sword.

And cut the Prince in half, robbing Lysander of his chance to Diablerize the elder.

Zeph, recovered from his frenzy, sprinted for the elevator, prying the doors open and snapping the elevator cables, sending the rising elevator full of guards plummeting back down.

Lysander and Auron faced off. Lysander furious that Auron stole the Prince's blood from him, and decided that was the last time he would be betrayed by Auron.

The two heavily wounded vampires fought on the ashes of the Prince.

Lysander's shadow tendrils enveloped Auron, but with his tremendous strength he broke free and swung what would have been a killing blow at Lysander.

By a turn of fate, the slash missed.

Lysander jumped back, getting some distance between himself and Auron, and sent all of his tendrils to grapple and constrict him.

In moments, Auron was overwhelmed and crushed by the arms of darkness.

Lysander then diablerized Auron.

Jeff and Zeph shouted from the helicopter for them, not knowing what had transpired.

Men pounded on the stairwell door, about to rush in any minute.

And Lysander continued to drain Auron.

Soon, Auron's soul was devoured, and nothing was left but ash.

Lysander ran for the helicopter, which had begun to leave.

In a desperate leap, Lysander caught the landing gear of the helicopter, just as the hundreds of heavily armed guards burst into the room.

As Zeph banked heavily away from the building with the helicopter, Lysander nearly fell, but Jeff grabbed his arm just in time.

As the helicopter turned away and gained altitude, Jeff and Lysander held on.

In moments, they were safely away, and Jeff pulled Lysander up.

As they strapped themselves in, they found they were not alone.

Strapped into the other chairs were their packmates, unconscious, but still 'undead'.

To Lysander's joy, there were also all of the Camarilla elders. Incapacitated and ready to eat.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:59 am

There will be a prelude game to chapter 2, where I will handle the diablerization of the prisoners, the effects of that, and a final positioning for the next chapter.

Which will start after I host my San Jose chron.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrogen Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:28 am

when will you host next time?
Hydrogen