United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron

+2
Aero
ShadowLance
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron Empty I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron

Post by ShadowLance Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:22 pm

DISCLAIMER:

First off, vampire is a mature game. It can be toned down for younger crowds but in this case it will not be.

Sabbat is a very mature part of an already mature game, and I won't be toning it down either.

From an ESRB standpoint it's 18+ for graphic violence, dismemberment, torture, sexual content, etc etc.

I have no way of enforcing this (nor face any real threat if I break it) so I'm just putting this disclaimer in, expect mature themes and play at your own risk.

This post is also at:
http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/redemption_games_in_progress/b50395/19970258/p1/

I loved ST-ing. I'm a natural multi-tasker and get bored if I'm not doing a multitude of things at once, so I was addicted.

I would be happy to ST a game: Sabbat, Indie, Anarch or any combination of those. But unless there's an overwhelming request for indie or anarch, I will be hosting Sabbat.

I really have no life, so I can ST at pretty much any time. Yay! Until class starts again. Which I'll post my schedule on here if things start kicking off.

-Set in modern day Phoenix Arizona

-It will be a SABBAT game, so your character may die. I will avoid this as much as possible but I won't sacrifice Sabbat realism. If anything, I'll send you a whisper telling you something is a bad idea (if your character's life is at stake), or rescue you in some way (if there was truly nothing you can do to help yourself). The longer you survive in the Sabbat, the less likely you are to die, so don't worry about me killing off the character you've devoted hours into. That doesn't mean I'll save you for doing something stupid though.

-Both elder and ancillae slots are full.*

-If either/neither of these slots are filled, they will be replaced with NPCs who I will roleplay, but the experience won't be as deep.

-Players will be part of a pack. There will be a prologue game where you will all start as humans, free-playing in the city, and will all be embraced (by a clan of your choice) within a (real-time) hour (unless there is demand for this human-only part to go on longer). You will learn first hand the rituals and basic politics of the Sabbat, so no need to own Guide to the Sabbat.

-This will be a story-driven game, not a free-form one. There will be rare occasions where you will be free to roam the city or socialize, but most of the time will be spent following your pack-leader's orders and being dragged through the storyline.

-I'm still figuring the details of what mods/skins to use.

-I can create character skins quickly and easily, so if you are devoted to this and there is truly no working skin available then I can make one. I also may make custom skins for well-roleplayed characters as a reward (along with experience points, of course).

-Speaking of, each session I will give 1 xp for people who played, 1 xp for people who roleplayed admirably, and 1 xp for people who's characters went through tough ordeals and made it out in one piece. This represents the experience of time spent as a vampire, the hardening experience of making it through tough situations, and an added bonus for great roleplay. (There may also be bonus XP for ALL players if they make it through a tough situation together.)

I will edit this as I get more information.

Post if interested.

MSN: Shadowde@Yahoo.com

UPDATE ( 12/22/08 )

All complications sorted out. You will need WoDMod and the stand alone Black Triad NYC:

http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/?action=files&op=view&id=519&section=1

The map is built for the first chapter and ready for players.

I have two players' character sheets and they are ready to go.

Another is in the process of making his char sheet.

Just need whoever else wants to play.

Contact me on msn if you need help:

shadowde@yahoo.com

UPDATE ( 12/21/08 )

New complications, I can't get wodmod to work with Maps of the Ages. If I am running wodmod it will crash no matter what map I pick (even default ones) and no matter what skin I pick (even default ones). So I may end up using the stand-alone map here:

http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/?action=files&op=view&id=519&section=1

I was originally just going to use vanilla vampire without mods, but began realizing all the nice features of wodmod I was missing as I went along. The stcmds being the most important.

Unfortunately that means I will have to start all over on the map I had partially built.

Luckily it will go a hell of a lot faster now that I know how to work this damn thing again

UPDATE ( 12/20/08 )

Since I seem to have forgotten to explain when and where the chron will be set, I'll provide that now:

It is a modern day Sabbat chronicle which takes place in Phoenix, Arizona. Players will start as humans and learn about the Sabbat first hand as fresh shovelheads. Phoenix is the 5th most populated city in the United States with 1,512,986 people. The rest I will explain gradually in-game.

As for when it will be ready, I thought I could pump it out in no time, but I've all but forgotten how to work the ST system. Stuff I used to be able to do in seconds now takes a half hour to figure out. But once I get back in the swing of things it should come out in no time. At the very latest it will start a day or two after Christmas.

I will be using PnP rules, so some knowledge of the dice system is required. We can take it slow early on and make sure everyone understands the system enough to play.

I know the fear of PnP is hours of dice rolling, but the focus of this campaign won't be combat.

So also know that, this is FAR from a hack-n-slash chronicle, besides all of the combat taking place by rolling dice, there won't even be much of it. The focus of this chronicle is the plotline, characters, tough situations and decisions, and the Sabbat experience.

UPDATE ( 12/20/08 )

Finished the plot line/events/story and major NPC's personalties/histories/csheets.

If you're unfamiliar with PnP character creation, check this site out:

http://www.sanguinus.org/creation/

It's for their own personal game, but the rules are close enough for those who don't have the WoD core book.

UPDATE ( 12/19/08 )

Both elder and ancillae slots are full, first two people signed up have taken those.

UPDATE ( 12/19/08 )

I will use the Black Triad Dallas within Maps of the Ages, which does not override with the Black Triad Dallas available for individual-download. But you would still need MotA.

http://e-mods.net/mota.html

I had a bundle of problems figuring out what skins I had didn't crash to desktop, which map to use, and getting a stable game running. Also learning Wodal and it seems like a P&Per's dream, but I still can't figure out how to set up a character correctly. Will ask Javokis in PM so I don't spam this post.

Also, I have one person signed up, a friend of mine who has RP-ed for ages and is extremely knowledgeable about the Sabbat so he may take the Ancillae slot.

UPDATE ( 12/18/08 )

I will be using Black Triad Dallas (unless that's what everyone uses and they're sick of it)

http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/?action=files&op=view&id=519

I'm building the in-game map and writing the story now.

Last edited by ShadowLance on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:31 am; edited 4 times in total

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Number of posts : 304

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron Empty Re: I am ST-ing a Sabbat Chron

Post by Aero Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:01 am

I am kind of new to this. So let me ask a few questions that were not answered at the PV forum

1) Are you a member of Path of Evil Revelation? I read their info on the site, but I haven't contacted them.

2) In VTMR, does the 1xp become 1000xp? How will the math be calculated?.

3) Since we are playing Sabbat, we have to choose the Sabbat clans? So we can't play Giovanni or Cappadocian or Ravnos for example?

4) About custom skins, do you use the programs listed on Planet Vampire Skinning?
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:51 pm

i talked to Shadowlance on msn yesterday, so i can answer your third question (shadow, correct me if i'm wrong)

The sabbat clans are:

lasombra
Tzimisce
Ventrue Attribu
Brujah Attribu
Gangrel Attribu (City and Country)
Toreador Attribu
Malkavian Attribu
Tremere Attribu
Nosferatu Attribu
Caitiff (Panders)
Setites (Serpents of the Light)
Ravnos Attribu
Assamite Attribu

Those are about all the clans (minus the minority bloodlines, the Ahrimanes, Blood Brothers and Khiasyd) Some attribu clans have special rules though
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Correct, thanks Isador. And no, no indie clans. There really aren't many indies in the sabbat, that's why there's specifically "assamite antitribue"

Also, for those who have never made csheets before, check this site out:

http://www.sanguinus.org/creation/

it's for their own personal IRC game, but the rules are close enough if you dont have the WoD corebook.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Cool, looks like everything is set. I have only a few things to point out though.

1) Our group is "player friendly" which means we are all at diffierent abilities some are into Hack and Slash, others are into Pen and paper and free form etc... As our group is the most popular these days, we get a lot of different players at different abilities.

2) Time zones, this has always been an issue, i'm sure a time zone converter could help. I think Steam has a converter which automatically sets times to the persons own time

3) Contacting, not everyone uses this fourm, emails would be the best form of contact as not many people use MSN.

4) Character sheets, for about a year now we haven't filled in character sheets in "PNP format" which means we only really expalin our background like a book style, some of us may struggle with filling in character sheets.

Apart from that i think we are all good.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:19 am

1) So what you mean by this is as an ST you try to accommodate people of all skill levels right? I definitely want to do that. I'm hoping we can iron out details like that in the beginning when all players are human.

2) If steam has a converter that would be great! I definitely need a list of everyone's available time so I can decide when to host. I want to make sure as many people can play at once as possible. Especially since this won't be a free-form game, but a story-driven one.

3) If e-mail is the way to go then everyone should please e-mail me who is interested, with their character sheets (or questions) as necessary. I would prefer MSN so we can see who is online.

Shadowde@yahoo.com

4) I don't care what format you describe your character's history, personality or appearance. What IS important to me is keeping to the stat limits of a character sheet so everyone is on equal ground. Also so that I can have your csheets on my computer and reference them, that way no one starts fibbing on their stats.

I'm not entirely sure how you guys do it right now, so someone will have to explain that to me at some point so I know how much I need to explain.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:23 am

ShadowLance wrote:1) So what you mean by this is as an ST you try to accommodate people of all skill levels right? I definitely want to do that. I'm hoping we can iron out details like that in the beginning when all players are human.

2) If steam has a converter that would be great! I definitely need a list of everyone's available time so I can decide when to host. I want to make sure as many people can play at once as possible. Especially since this won't be a free-form game, but a story-driven one.

3) If e-mail is the way to go then everyone should please e-mail me who is interested, with their character sheets (or questions) as necessary. I would prefer MSN so we can see who is online.

Shadowde@yahoo.com

4) I don't care what format you describe your character's history, personality or appearance. What IS important to me is keeping to the stat limits of a character sheet so everyone is on equal ground. Also so that I can have your csheets on my computer and reference them, that way no one starts fibbing on their stats.

I'm not entirely sure how you guys do it right now, so someone will have to explain that to me at some point so I know how much I need to explain.

I do yes, i host at many skill levels, Steam does have a built in time converter so i am aware of, we do have a steam usergroup which is supprisingly "Kindred-Knights" And I'll hand out your E-mail for people who are intrested in joining, so don't worry about that Smile
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:01 am

Up till now we were doing the best we could do using mods, packs and mainly the game itself, so most of our rping revolved around using everything ingame (attributes, disciplines etc)
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:09 am

So if the players go into a room, a bunch of ai baddies come at them and they click them till they die? then they have won that battle? Or is there some degree of turn-based/ST control?

Edit: Also, I seem to be unable to use wodmod. crashes when i start a map. Just christof in new york by night crashes is. Every client, vamp, werewofl, etc. So I've just been using Wodal with the WODMOD .nobs copied into the main vamp directory (minus codex) so I at least have the resources to work with. I'm wondering if I'm making some noob mistake though and its an easy fix.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:09 pm

ShadowLance wrote:So if the players go into a room, a bunch of ai baddies come at them and they click them till they die? then they have won that battle? Or is there some degree of turn-based/ST control?

Edit: Also, I seem to be unable to use wodmod. crashes when i start a map. Just christof in new york by night crashes is. Every client, vamp, werewofl, etc. So I've just been using Wodal with the WODMOD .nobs copied into the main vamp directory (minus codex) so I at least have the resources to work with. I'm wondering if I'm making some noob mistake though and its an easy fix.

I don't know what you mean by turn based. Our Rolling system is semi-turn-based, which means basically it isn't turn based. I think it actually works our better like that, but the ST needs to be fast to do it Laughing

We never really did use Mods, but it's your game so if you plan on using one, do tell us. WOD mod has always been unstable, and prone to crashes.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:35 pm

Okay, so you did do dice rolling, but not inits and turns and such?

I dont mind just using yours guys' system if that would make things easier, but I'm still not sure what it is!

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:38 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Okay, so you did do dice rolling, but not inits and turns and such?

I dont mind just using yours guys' system if that would make things easier, but I'm still not sure what it is!

yes Wink it is on our website, lol/ if you want to use your own rolling system thats cool to.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:23 pm

Interesting system..

Also, does vamp LAN have a 4 player max?

Also, what skin packs do you use? I have some ancient ones on my system but i just downloaded the bloodlines and NoN packs off PV, figured those were more common.

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:18 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Interesting system..

Also, does vamp LAN have a 4 player max?

Also, what skin packs do you use? I have some ancient ones on my system but i just downloaded the bloodlines and NoN packs off PV, figured those were more common.

Nop, With Patch V1.1 applied you can have a max of 8 players, our skins and maps etc.. are all on our page Smile Under files.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:48 pm

Map is done, just need people's char sheets and we can rock and roll

(Oh, and i need the times you can play as well)

Also, we played our first game and it went VERY well, everyone had a blast.

except you

cause you weren't there.

PLAY WITH US!

Last edited by ShadowLance on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:15 am; edited 3 times in total

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:49 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Huge portion of the map is built, should only be a day or so and I'm ready to host. The problem is tomorrow I'm leaving town to spend christmas with my family. So after that I can host.

Like i said, there is no rush Smile Host when you think you are ready.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:52 am

Hosted two prelude games already, just waiting on the rest of the pack!

Here's an easy csheet form I made with a walkthrough:

http://www.jotform.com/form/83571236194

MSN me if you have questions:

shadowde@yahoo.com

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Channel: SabbatGames
PW: vtmr

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:36 am

Third game!

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:35 pm

ShadowLance wrote:Third game!

Things might seem slow at first, and might slowly start to pick up. Sometimes when building a chronicle and asking for players, it goes through the roof and you get a lack of players.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:10 am

We've now got the mods used for the chron nailed down:

http://www.planetvampire.com/downloads/skins/

Bloodlines Megapack is required, but NoN Megapack is also nice

this is the map required: http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/?action=files&op=view&id=519&section=1

You'l also want this mod:
http://www.planetvampire.com/wodmod/downloads-wodmod.html

that mod requires the vampire CD, if you don't have the CD, here's a crack:
http://paine.planetvampire.gamespy.com/?action=files&op=view&id=494&section=1

WoDMoD is not compatible with Maps of the Ages, so if you have any MotA file in your vampire directory, WoDMoD will crash every time you try to start or join a game. You'll have to remove MotA temporarily if you do have it.

If Wodmod still doesn't work for you, you can copy wodmod.nob from your vampire/wodmod folder, and move it into the main /vampire/ directory. This will give you the wodmod resources without the wodmod client/system.

You have to do something similar for the Black Triad map. It will install it's .nob files into its own "Black Triad" folder in your /vampire/ directory. You have to cut the black triad .nobs out of this folder and put them into your main /vampire/ directory.

You also need to build a character sheet. I have made an easy one!

http://app.formassembly.com/forms/view/60384

Below is a list of the skin packs I currently have (let me know if you want to use one I don't have).

PER
EOTW
Clan Couples
White Rabbit
NoN Megapack

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:18 am

Wodmod without fileplanet:

http://files.filefront.com/wodmodbeta+102zip/;12830394;/fileinfo.html

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:17 am

ShadowLance wrote:Wodmod without fileplanet:

http://files.filefront.com/wodmodbeta+102zip/;12830394;/fileinfo.html

I think we should have secound thoughts about WOD mod, I think too many players as of too many nob files can cause crashes. Other Mods like Wodal for example might be better (Just a suggestion)
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam123 Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 pm

I think WOD mod is probably the best MOD, I don't really know of any stable Mods. WODAL isn't really the best MOD for pen and paper, I hear Jav is making a new WODAL Smile that might be good though.
Adam123
Adam123
Elder
Elder

Number of posts : 73

Character Details
Past Intro?: N/A
Can RP: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Adam123 wrote:I think WOD mod is probably the best MOD, I don't really know of any stable Mods. WODAL isn't really the best MOD for pen and paper, I hear Jav is making a new WODAL Smile that might be good though.

Yeah, oh, i didn't know Rainmoon was still going for it, good for him Smile
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down