United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is vtmr dead?

+4
isador
Adam123
Aero
Trogers2
8 posters

Go down

Is vtmr dead? Empty Is vtmr dead?

Post by Trogers2 Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:07 am

Is VTMR dead? Or do you think we have hope for this very old but amazing game?
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Is vtmr dead? Empty Re: Is vtmr dead?

Post by Aero Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:56 am

No game is really dead. The programmer and the publisher might pull down the curtain on a certain project or game. But unless it was a complete disaster, some loyal fans will remain.

Example, most people haven't heard of Drakan: The Order of the Flame" I loved that game. And DrakanPlanet site is still online. Another example is System Shock 2, where people still play it on Hamachi.

What really happens is that people forget about it. New players will not care or even bother to try. It is the old players who enjoyed it that will keep it alive.

I for one, have not played VTMR for years. But when I saw a link of KK video online, I reinstalled the game once more. Very Happy
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam123 Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:22 pm

True, I think its mainly the old players that keep games like this alive, the main reason people can't come and play this game is due to the fact its old, and hard to find these days plus the fact that WON is down, it makes things difficult.
Adam123
Adam123
Elder
Elder

Number of posts : 73

Character Details
Past Intro?: N/A
Can RP: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:31 pm

Adam123 wrote:True, I think its mainly the old players that keep games like this alive,

The problem is, this game is ancient, though people do return people are more intrested in the more moderner games that are out these days, also because the game is so old it's unlikely people still have it around.

Though i respect the people that share the same intrest in old games such as vtmr like myself.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:47 pm

it really is the fact that no one out there renembers the game or even knows of it's existance. I renember finding the game in a discount box for 10 bucks in 2001-2004 (somewhere) Best find of me live
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:49 pm

isador wrote:it really is the fact that no one out there renembers the game or even knows of it's existance. I renember finding the game in a discount box for 10 bucks in 2001-2004 (somewhere) Best find of me live

Yeah, thats the biggest problem, Which is why mabe a torrent or a free full download would help, well thats what i was thinking anyway.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Part of the reason that VTMR never really succeeded (financially) was due to the huge amount of bugs the game had.
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam123 Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Most of the bugs were not in the game but on the online network itself "Won.net" this pushed loads of players away and only a handful still played but most of them are now Hamachi based.
Adam123
Adam123
Elder
Elder

Number of posts : 73

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by slade2089 Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:02 am

how do i get this hamachi to work ive played this for years and now that wons down idk what to do i want to play like i allways have but idk how to get it to work someone help me if you need me contact me here or at slade2089@hotmail.com

slade2089
Newcomer

Number of posts : 2

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:09 pm

To get Hamachi to work, first you need to join a channel (click the button on the bottom of the Hamachi window, one of them) Once you are on a channel you are now ready to use Hamachi. Log onto LAN (on Vampire - Redemption) From there you should be able to see the game (IF ANYONE IS HOSTING) some people seem to think if players are online, that there will be a huge list of games to pick from, there isn't. Also a way to tell if a game is up is to check the "star" next to a name on Hamachi, if the star is flashing someone has a game up.

Some notes to take into consideration.
Note, that some games might be either private or player specific. So please don't go joining randem games without getting permission first. If you do inend to join a game please whisper the st first, DO NOT run around (it shows respect)

DO NOT speak in lobby, it slows down game.

To whisper to ST use the . <<<<< (Dot) command plus text
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:00 am

Only nearly a year after the post rabbit but there are always some people around that don't care if a game is old (well, as long as it still works on your computer). I played "Stonekeep" for the first time just last year. I started playing Bloodlines when it was about four years old. From that (and Planet Vampire and some posts from other forums) I discovered Redemption. New copies (unless one wishes to pay $130 (US)) are not available. But, used ones are. I got mine, played through vs AI a few times and was intrigued by the multi-player function (now why didn't Bloodlines have that too?). I have avoided RP games in the past because, well, the vs AI games don't allow for much RP and the others are mostly massive MP - Redemption is neither. So, here it is, mid 2009 and I'm looking to get into a game starting way behind the eight ball (the war games I mostly played simply had no need for such things as mods, skins, making characters, etc so I have been wandering about blindly). I have to feel that there are others out there but, as one poster said, a free full download would certainly help and someway to advertise in a way that more people notice.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 44

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:50 am

i cound say that better my self... rated on comment if i can 5 out of 5 and 10 out of 10 stars Razz
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vampirella.Lover Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:30 am

nanaloma wrote:(the war games I mostly played simply had no need for such things as mods, skins, making characters, etc so I have been wandering about blindly)
Half-Life. Awesome mods, and still actively played and developed on STEAM - over ten years after the original Sierra release.

Anyway, a bit less than two years after Bloodlines came out, I acquired it, played it in and out (five clans out of seven), "sandbox tested" in it, turned it inside-out (really the only game I've modded), and quite a few months later, got VTMR. It took me until extremely late 2008 before becoming interested in RP.

The old games are where it's at. Besides, I don't have the extremo graphics cards lying around... or even a multi-core CPU.

Nice first post date, by the way.
Vampirella.Lover
Vampirella.Lover
Neonate
Neonate

Number of posts : 23

Character Details

http://vamplover.co.cc/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:55 pm

[quote="nanaloma"(now why didn't Bloodlines have that too?).[/quote] The developers at Troika were gooing to implememt it, but Activision (the publisher) rushed the project and got Troika stuck by a due date. They had to remove some features like multiplayer and publish a buggy game.
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Aero wrote:[quote="nanaloma"(now why didn't Bloodlines have that too?).
The developers at Troika were going to implement it, but Activision (the publisher) rushed the project and got Troika stuck by a due date. They had to remove some features like multi-player and publish a buggy game.[/quote]

Hmm, knew they rushed, changed writers mid-way, ran out of funding, and people are still debugging it but I didn't know they intended a multi-player. The story line was too limited, though - not sure it would have lasted (with players) all that long.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:06 am

I liked the storyline a lot, though it did become sloppy in between the middle and the end. In fact, it's one of the best RPG's i've ever played, simply because it's got a great freaking story, the reason you dont see stories like these anymore is because developers are too focussed on the casual crowd and do a general half-arsed job.

But i mean, i know tons of people would've given their right nipple for multiplayer in Bloodlines using the Storytelling tools that Redemption has
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 am

I would of guessed the MP would of been similar to the StoryTeller system but updated, as that was a popular system for the VTM games.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by nanaloma Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:57 am

isador wrote:I liked the storyline a lot, though it did become sloppy in between the middle and the end. In fact, it's one of the best RPG's i've ever played, simply because it's got a great freaking story, the reason you dont see stories like these anymore is because developers are too focussed on the casual crowd and do a general half-arsed job.

But i mean, i know tons of people would've given their right nipple for multiplayer in Bloodlines using the Storytelling tools that Redemption has

Don't get me wrong - I liked Bloodlines and played it through very many times - the story was just short. Perhaps a lot could have been done within the LA setting just prior to Gehenna (sp?). I think I just like the general good guy/bad guy concept of Redemption that moves through two eras better. However, probably due to having only one playable character, I've found Redemption much less replayable vs AI then Bloodlines.

nanaloma
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:12 am

aye! redemption has its percs, so does bloodlines! but every person is diffrent so they like diffrent stuff and have diffrent opinions so its fair to say... give me a lemon, nah!... i prefer a strawberry instead Razz
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content