United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York City Chronicles(NYCC)

+4
Victor Erion
Aero
Trogers2
doanlockheart
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New York City Chronicles(NYCC) Empty New York City Chronicles(NYCC)

Post by doanlockheart Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:37 pm

This is a new chronicle I am planning and have tested with a few players already.

[Characters]
All start human. There is a possibility you will be embraced, awaken as a mage, or have the first change and find out your a werewolf. Then its possible you'll just remain human. This will largely be chosen by me based on attributes, skills, and largely on RP. I prefer characters to be believable and more or less normal. If you do not think you'll like this chron, I am still going to host BRBN.

[Setting]

New York City
Characters can be residents on NYC or visiting. They can have a job that allows them to have an income. They day, month, and year in game will be the same as real time. So if I host on September 14, 2009 it will be the same date in the game.
The city is going to be outfitted with a good number of npcs for the players to interact with. They will react to you based on how you rp. If you piss one off, they will remember it. If you help them they will remember that as well. I am going to try to make the city seem like it is alive so bear with me as I try to develop this chronicle.

[Character Background]
A detailed bio is welcome and preferred, but for any npcs to be added into the game from the bio they have to be approved by me. This can be as simple as to why your character is in NYC, or a detailed account of their lives.
Your character's background will establish them in this chronicle. I'll make npcs suited to their background and a story will develop based around your character. More detailed backgrounds will make for a better story. I ask however you keep the bio reasonable, realistic, and believable. Originality will be rewarded.

[Whats after character creation?]
Ok, from now on when someone makes a character i'm going talk with them on msn about their character. This will be about any relevant history, npcs they may know, etc. I will then host an intro for that character alone, unless they know another player's character ingame. This of course has to have been approved my me before hand. This intro in necessary for two reasons. First it allows the player to get established in the chronicle. The second reason is so I will have ideas of whats going on around your characters so I won't be thinking of it during the game with everyone else in game. This will also allow me to get an idea of what your character is like so I can design npcs for your him or her.

Feel free to create a personality for your character. Create habbits, weaknesses, strengths, mannerisms, etc for him or her. Does he or she have any goals? Any friends, family, etc. This is not required, however it may increase what you'll see and experience in game.The more I have to work with, the more involved your character's story and part will be. I will actively work to try to keep all players involved, so do not worry if you would rather not go this deep into character creation.

[Merits]
Ok for merits. If your character has a job in game, if you want to actually earn an income you'll need to pick the resources merit.
Resource Point: Cash on hand/earned monthly Money in Bank
1 $500 $1,000
2 $1,000 $5,000
3 $2,000 $10,000
4 $10,000 $500,000
5 $50,000 $5,000,000

If your character has an assistant, bodyguard, etc you'll need the Retainer Merit.

Experience and Improvement
Still taking this into consideration.

[Rolling System and Combat]
There will be no rolling system in this. I will judge if an action succeeds based on your attributes, skills, etc. However if it is to close, I will have actual dice at my desk to roll and decide. I'm doing this as a test to see how smoothly the game will flow. If a situation happens with a large amount of players, I will make it turn based to keep down confusion, to prevent people from performing 100 actions before someone else acts once, and to make it fair to everyone. In small groups I can handle it with people just acting it out.

[Games]
Type

Group: This is when I host a game and anyone is welcome to join.

Intro: This is the first game a player will join for this chronicle. It will get their character established in the chronicle, allow player and myself to get a feel for the character, will allow me to get an idea of what npcs to add for that character, etc. These will usually be only one player and myself. If two player characters know each other, this must be approved by me first, they can both join the intro.

One on One: This type of game is usually requested. If you'd like your character to do something, feel free to ask me for this type of game. These will only occur if I have the time. This will also occur if I need to concentrate on only one player. This can include anything story related to that character, the embrace, awakening, first change, etc.

Character type specfic: There are times I will host a game only for humans, kindred, mages, or werewolves. As there are times when events occur that I need to concentrate only on that group.

There are times when I may need to concentrate on certain players. For example if a character is about to be embraced. I may host a 1on1 game to do that. If this happens please don't get offended if I won't allow others to join during that game. This chronicle will be a variety of 1on1 games or a group. I prefer small groups to keep the game going smoothly. I intend to host often and once I get the chronicle a little more set up i'll plan out specific days to host.

If you would like to request a 1on1 game feel free to ask and i'll see what I can get set up. It is possible that some characters will start the game knowing each other. This should be discussed with me first, and the players involved must agree. Now as I said what your character becomes will be a surprise. Now I will not force you to play something you won't enjoy. So if you prefer not to play a mage, vampire, etc let me know. I'll work with you. However if you say you don't want to play anything with the exception of one thing i'll probably view that as you trying to get what you want Razz . But please, if you have any requests or issues feel free to talk with me on msn or hamachi when i'm on.

[Roleplaying(RP)]

This chronicle is intended for players who are interested in rp and developing their characters. Rp is pretty much you acting your characters out. You usually base what the character does on their personality and what you think they would do. I ask all players who join this chronicle to give rp their best try. If you are new to rp, or if you think you're no good at rp. Do not worry about that. All the players here will help you along the way. If you ever have any questions during a game, within reason, feel free to ask me why whispering. You can whisper the ST by putting the . befor your message. Ex: . What am I suppose to do?

I also ask all players stay in character once I say [Game Start] and [Game end]. Keep the ooc talk to a minimum if it is necessary at all. If you need to say something ooc say it by enclosing your message in these ---> ( ) <------- Ex: ( What am I suppose to do now?)

I am very open to new players and new rpers. Feel free to join and have fun. Make a character you will enjoy acting out through rp.

The following are updates. The information can be found in the above paragraphs. This is for anyone who has already read that information. It is so they can see the updates without having to search for them.

Update 9/14/2009
There are times when I may need to concentrate on certain players. For example if a character is about to be embraced. I may host a 1on1 game to do that. If this happens please don't get offended if I won't allow others to join during that game. This chronicle will be a variety of 1on1 games or a group. I prefer small groups to keep the game going smoothly. I intend to host often and once I get the chronicle a little more set up i'll plan out specific days to host.

If you would like to request a 1on1 game feel free to ask and i'll see what I can get set up. It is possible that some characters will start the game knowing each other. This should be discussed with me first, and the players involved must agree. Now as I said what your character becomes will be a surprise. Now I will not force you to play something you won't enjoy. So if you prefer not to play a mage, vampire, etc let me know. I'll work with you. However if you say you don't want to play anything with the exception of one thing i'll probably view that as you trying to get what you want Razz . But please, if you have any requests or issues feel free to talk with me on msn or hamachi when i'm on.

Update2 9/14/2009
There will be no rolling system in this. I will judge if an action succeeds based on your attributes, skills, etc. However if it is to close, I will have actual dice at my desk to roll and decide. I'm doing this as a test to see how smoothly the game will flow. If a situation happens with a large amount of players, I will make it turn based to keep down confusion, to prevent people from performing 100 actions before someone else acts once, and to make it fair to everyone. In small groups I can handle it with people just acting it out.

City
The city is going to be outfitted with a good number of npcs for the players to interact with. They will react to you based on how you rp. If you piss one off, they will remember it. If you help them they will remember that as well. I am going to try to make the city seem like it is alive so bear with me as I try to develop this chronicle.

Character Backgrounds
Your character's background will establish them in this chronicle. I'll make npcs suited to their background and a story will develop based around your character. More detailed backgrounds will make for a better story. I ask however you keep the bio reasonable, realistic, and believable. Originality will be rewarded.

Update 9/15/09

Form has been updated to include merits. The above link still works.

Update2 9/15/09

Merits
Ok for merits. If your character has a job in game, if you want to actually earn an income you'll need to pick the resources merit.
Resource Point: Cash on hand/earned monthly Money in Bank
1 $500 $1,000
2 $1,000 $5,000
3 $2,000 $10,000
4 $10,000 $500,000
5 $50,000 $5,000,000

If your character has an assistant, bodyguard, etc you'll need the Retainer Merit.

Whats after character creation?
Ok, from now on when someone makes a character i'm going talk with them on msn about their character. This will be about any relevant history, npcs they may know, etc. I will then host an intro for that character alone, unless they know another player's character ingame. This of course has to have been approved my me before hand. This intro in necessary for two reasons. First it allows the player to get established in the chronicle. The second reason is so I will have ideas of whats going on around your characters so I won't be thinking of it during the game with everyone else in game. This will also allow me to get an idea of what your character is like so I can design npcs for your him or her.

Update 9/17/09

Games
Type

Group: This is when I host a game and anyone is welcome to join.

Intro: This is the first game a player will join for this chronicle. It will get their character established in the chronicle, allow player and myself to get a feel for the character, will allow me to get an idea of what npcs to add for that character, etc. These will usually be only one player and myself. If two player characters know each other, this must be approved by me first, they can both join the intro.

One on One: This type of game is usually requested. If you'd like your character to do something, feel free to ask me for this type of game. These will only occur if I have the time. This will also occur if I need to concentrate on only one player. This can include anything story related to that character, the embrace, awakening, first change, etc.

Character type specfic: There are times I will host a game only for humans, kindred, mages, or werewolves. As there are times when events occur that I need to concentrate only on that group.

[Roleplaying(RP)]

This chronicle is intended for players who are interested in rp and developing their characters. Rp is pretty much you acting your characters out. You usually base what the character does on their personality and what you think they would do. I ask all players who join this chronicle to give rp their best try. If you are new to rp, or if you think you're no good at rp. Do not worry about that. All the players here will help you along the way. If you ever have any questions during a game, within reason, feel free to ask me why whispering. You can whisper the ST by putting the . befor your message. Ex: . What am I suppose to do?

I also ask all players stay in character once I say [Game Start] and [Game end]. Keep the ooc talk to a minimum if it is necessary at all. If you need to say something ooc say it by enclosing your message in these ---> ( ) <------- Ex: ( What am I suppose to do now?)

I am very open to new players and new rpers. Feel free to join and have fun. Make a character you will enjoy acting out through rp.

[Whats after character creation?] update

Feel free to create a personality for your character. Create habbits, weaknesses, strengths, mannerisms, etc for him or her. Does he or she have any goals? Any friends, family, etc. This is not required, however it may increase what you'll see and experience in game.The more I have to work with, the more involved your character's story and part will be. I will actively work to try to keep all players involved, so do not worry if you would rather not go this deep into character creation.

Last edited by doanlockheart on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:42 pm; edited 12 times in total
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 140

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

New York City Chronicles(NYCC) Empty Re: New York City Chronicles(NYCC)

Post by Trogers2 Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Alright doan I'm up for it, will fill in a sheet later.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Updated. Please refer to the first post
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Aero Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Sounds interesting. I will get to the bio and csheet as soon as I can. Thanks Doan!
Aero
Aero
Lucifer
Lucifer

Number of posts : 615

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 pm

ok... im in Razz i already submited me sheet, and no sneaky buissnes there Kiko... ive got me eye on you Exclamation
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Number of posts : 274

Character Details

http://dulo.yolasite.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikopuz Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:17 pm

I love this whole concept man.. Ive sent you my character sheet + bg.
Kikopuz
Kikopuz
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 153

Character Details
Past Intro?: Not tested

http://www.united-kindred.yolasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydrogen Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

Alright, character is submitted
Hydrogen
Hydrogen
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 174

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 pm

w00t, roll on a busy city
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Updated, please see the first post. Several players have submitted charactesr. They all look good and I will get in touch with each of the players to finish up the characters.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:34 pm

DoanLockHeart wrote: will make it turn based to keep down confusion, to prevent people from performing 100 actions

Oh! I think Vahn has a different story, with his 300 actions a sec!

Actually I think a no turn system *live action* is actually pretty effective as I've found out. It can actually be more easy flowing, but it has risks. It can get chaotic. So on the other hand, best stick with the turn based.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:54 pm

*cough* The 300 actions was b/c I thought it was live action, just reacted to what happened. Its not my fault I type fast Razz Get on hamachi.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:01 pm

I like the idea of a non-rolling system for this chron, as the conflicting lore with combat between Mages-Werewolves and Vampires can ruin the flow.

I know NWod has supposed to have fixed this, but i still think its an ass.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Updated. Refer to first post.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Updated, refer to the first post.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikopuz Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:43 pm

lol second life meets vampire the masquerade
Kikopuz
Kikopuz
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:34 am

This is a test after all to see how players react to a rp heavy chronicle. Their players will be very integrated into the city, having jobs, both pc and npc friends, etc. If the players like this type of chronicle i'll continue it and see how it develops. So far it has been very interesting. Just so everyone knows I do use six mod, and Giga pack. I will not require you to get these, since there has been debate over them. If you are unable to see any npcs, i'll simply describe them and let you use your imagination. I am also currently working on a modifiyed new york map for this chron. It has both a day and night version of the map and many more exits. Once I get this working it will be the map i'll use.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:10 pm

O!... so thats the map you have been working on... Razz it will be very slick i love playing human, more than i play a vampire its to restricted by laws and etc. Not that a human isnt but it makes the game much more interesting for me. Cool
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:48 pm

anruca wrote: i love playing human, more than i play a vampire its to restricted by laws and etc. Not that a human isnt but it makes the game much more interesting for me. Cool

Well Humans and Vampires have their flaws and goods. Humans have more weaknesses than Vampires though in all fairness.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 pm

yeah, like a stick to the head will render then usless.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Kikopuz Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Pff my character will pwn the hell out of your pathetic little vampies..
Kikopuz
Kikopuz
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Kikopuz wrote:Pff my character will pwn the hell out of your pathetic little vampies..

I'm sure it's nothing level 4 cel + Potence and a sword can't handle Wink
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:45 am

First post updated, refer to the updates secton to see the new content.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm in the process of moving, and i'm accessing he internet at someone else's house to do school work and such. I'll host nycc and brbn when I have the oppertunity. Once I have the chance to get the internet up at my house the games will be hosted hopefully a few times every week.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Erion Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:44 am

Aye, that will be good...
And yeah i love the human much more, ive played a few years as a human only so that does speak for it self though.
Victor Erion
Victor Erion
Antidelluvian
Antidelluvian

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezero Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 pm

I've sent my Bio and my Sheet to you, Hope you read them soon!

Ezero
fledgeling
fledgeling

Number of posts : 5

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next