United-Kindred
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baton Rouge By Night

+7
vtmrxtc
ShadowLance
ORi
Doe
Trogers2
isador
doanlockheart
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Baton Rouge By Night Empty Baton Rouge By Night

Post by doanlockheart Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:05 pm

Setting
City: Baton Rouge
Era: MD

Player Characters (If any of the characters are not listed correctly please let me know)
Name
Cammarilla/Independent
Emilie(Mopy) [Left the City]
Saz(Doe)
Balthier(Trogers2)
Salvatore(Tem)
Akush(Vtmrxtc)
Betty Andrews(Aero)
Jacob Hydrogen)
Robert(Vampirella.Lover)
Shadow(basic background done)
Julius Nikerwell(Eskilo)

Sabbat (This game is currently on hold and has no future game planned just yet)
Ahriman(Isador)
Ivan(Aero) : [Character Died]
Roger(Aero)
Sara(Piper)
Phoenix(Anruca)

Characters
Characters can be Human, Kindred, or Ghoul. However humans can be infected by the virus. If the character is kindred then it is a requirement for everyone to make a newly embraced character. I am not going to run an intro game for any new players who intend to join my chronicle before they join. This is just to get the players knowledgeable about the rules and rolling system involved in BBRN. For this intro all characters will start as a human. Kindred will be embraced, and ghouls will be ghouled during their respective introduction games. You can create a bio and either email it to me or send it over msn. Please don't make any history after the character is kindred. Seeing as they will be embraced during the game. I'll also provide a NPC to be their sire.

General Information(characters start knowing this)
All players will be newly embraced kindred arriving in Baton Rouge for the first time, Humans who are arriving or have lived there If you are a ghoul you must belong to either a PC or talk to me about a NPC

[For Kindred]
. The characters sires told them little of what’s going on. Only that the city has been closed to access by the general public. Recent rumors have been spreading that the Prince and his entire group have been destroyed. The exact details are unknown and the future of the city is still undetermined. It seems a power struggle is about to break out. New kindred may arrive in the city to help reestablish the Camarilla or perhaps they are there to take power for themselves. The virus is still a problem that needs to be dealt with before anyone can truely rule the city.

Additional Information(characters will find this out during the game. I posted this for player knowledge. OOC)
What is actually going on is an unknown virus of supernatural origins has begun to spread throughout the city. The subway system is shutdown making traveling around the city difficult. The Police have blocked off the exits out of town to keep anyone infected within the city limits. Many businesses have been closed down seeing as how anyone not infected has already been evacuated out of the city.

Any supernatural being is not affected directly by this virus. However it is very deadly to mortals. With the amount of kine in the city decreasing some kindred have started to leave. To make matters worse some kindred have even started to vanish with no trace to what happened. With the Prince's influence over Baton Rouge declining several other kindred have started to move to secure power for themselves.

This is not the only problem. Even Kindred influence over Baton Rouge has declined as well leaving opportunity for other things to move for power. In an attempt to keep his power in Baton Rouge secure the Prince has sent some of his more trusted followers out to other cities to embrace new kindred and send them back to do several things. The first is to help ensure the Prince's power remains secure. The second is to help destabilize any attempt to seize power through "subtle" means if possible. The third is to uncover the mystery behind the virus and find a way to stop it. During the investigation of some of the group they took a tremere neonate prisoner and turned him over to the Prince. It turned out this was a trap. Shortly after that the prisoner set off a trap that led to the downfall of the Camarilla. The group is now on their own without support from the Camarilla, and they are being targeted by the Tremere.

Last edited by doanlockheart on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 pm; edited 27 times in total
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Number of posts : 140

Character Details
Past Intro?: Yes
Can RP: Yes

Back to top Go down

Baton Rouge By Night Empty Re: Baton Rouge By Night

Post by isador Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:50 pm

Sounds awesome but, wats NWOD?.... ooooh, new WOD

I'm a librarian when it comes to OWOD but i dont think half the people here know anything about the NWOD
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:58 pm

I'll post some of the rules and stuff when i get time and make sure everyone is up to date before I ST.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 am

I've already spoken to Doan about this, I thin hosting a NWOD PnP game would add balance as we already have had a OWOD game from shadow. The rolling system for NWOD is sooooo much better anyway.
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by isador Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:45 am

I've seen some of the changes between OWOD and NWOD

Whilst i like the idea of no super powerful ancients running around who you dont have a hope of fighting against, i felt like they removed the power out of supernaturals.
isador
isador
WOD Expert
WOD Expert

Number of posts : 433

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:17 am

The game is going to be based on NWOD that doesn't mean I won't change something that I want to or that is suggested to me. All that I ask is for you to give it a try Smile . As I get more information put together i'll post it here.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:22 pm

I would be up for it, although i have no idea how to use NWOD.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Number of posts : 397

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ORi Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:18 pm

I am interested in NWoD and I know the system and mechanics but I would like to know more about the Story's Theme, Mood,Settings and the general direction to which you plan to take it before I decide to sign

Also as a side hobby and to gain some more skill in storytelling and scriptwriting I am writing my own NWoD based Chronicle called A Requiem to the Masquerade(working title) so I wonder if you may be receptive to the new masquarde-inspired bloodlines I create for that chronicle..(Tremere and Lasombra bloodlines because AFAIK so far non of the NWoD supplaments have these kind of bloodlines).

ORi
Ancillae
Ancillae

Number of posts : 38

Character Details
Past Intro?: N/A
Can RP: N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm still working out the details for the game. Sorry this is taking so long in the process of moving and unpacking. I'll be interesting in looking at the bloodlines yes and possibly using them. Thank you for the suggestion. Smile
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:43 pm

Dont worry, theres all the time in the world.

If i were you, i would talk to mopey about his chron, and you could make the opposite of his, so your chrons dont collide in simmilarity.

For example his is going to be about the cities politics, yours could perhaps be a camarilla based Chron? as we alredy have sabbatchronicles running, and Toms FF's.

Its just a suggestion though, either way, im very much intending to take part Smile
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ORi Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:56 pm

NWOD is somewhat different on some parts , to know more about it I suggest your read Vampire:The Requiem and World of Darkness.

Every good chronicle involves a good measure of city politics IMO, especially Camarilla chronicles.
If you want to make your chronicle stand out you might want to do mixed settings like adding Changinglings,Hunters ,Mages or Werewolves into the mix.

Still fine if not IMO cause even when you say "Im running a Sabbat Chronicle" different STs have different Ideas of what a Sabbat Chronicle actually is or can be.

ORi
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 pm

I do intend to make my game unique from the other games, thanks for the great suggestion. Oh there will be hunters, mages, and/or werewolves from time to time. You never know what will happen. Unless you mean let characters be these. Than that i'm not sure. I'd have to think on that. I regret to say my V:TR and WOD books are missing in action since I moved. Going to find them today. I'll then post what I think is important here. Thank you for your understanding in the delay. I am more than likely going to make this a good bit of rp. The fighting depends on the situation and how the players handle themselves. And i'll more than likely host my game in a different city than mopey. However what would be interesting is if we could work together to run our games in relation to one another. For example if a character from my game goes to the city mopey is hosting in then they'd go to that game with their character and so forth. Not sure how that would work out but its an idea. I also intend to add some original stuff of my own design in the game. I may not go exactly by the books. For example there is a sect I am creating that is going to cause trouble in game. Oh and also just for clarity and to cut out on some confustion anytime I add information about my chronicle i'll edit my first post so it will all be in one easy to find place.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowLance Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:11 am

I'm up for anything!

My only preference is that I really like dark mature chrons over lighter/action/adventure types. Having a bit of both is cool too, just speaking my piece

ShadowLance
StoryTeller (PnP)
StoryTeller (PnP)

Number of posts : 304

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested

Back to top Go down

Post by vtmrxtc Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:21 am

I'm down to play as long as I don't have to study entire new books of lore and new clans etc. I only want to rp because that's what i like to do so as long as you tell me how many dice i need to roll and there's not a ton of extra nwod knowledge that differs from owod, then i'm down.

vtmrxtc
StoryTeller(ICT)
StoryTeller(ICT)

Number of posts : 17

Character Details
Past Intro?: Wasn't tested

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:47 am

vtmrxtc wrote:I'm down to play as long as I don't have to study entire new books of lore and new clans etc. I only want to rp because that's what i like to do so as long as you tell me how many dice i need to roll and there's not a ton of extra nwod knowledge that differs from owod, then i'm down.

Couldnt have said that better myself.

Um....what he said!
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:46 am

Don't worry about having to learn a lot of new stuff. I'll more than likely only start/use basic information at first for my chronicle. I'll break everyone into the new stuff slowly. I'll just implement more as we go as long as thats ok with everyone who knows a lot about NWOD.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:06 pm

I've updated my first post with more information.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Trogers2 Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm

From what I've read every thing seems to be ok to me. I would like to comment on a few things though.

1) Your storyline
-It seems to me your storyline isn't "passive" meaning, your game may only last for a limited time before the plot "runs out". Maybe you could try and make the background more thicker i.e. so the game doesn't suddenly draw to a close after one plot has ended.

2) NWOD
-Not many people in our group are aware of NWOD. Filling in sheets? Clans, disciplines etc.. I recommend you fill in a "sheet" like shadows sheets and some of mine for example. The sheet should display the clans the players can Pick, some info about them and the disciplines, as well as the points you have to spend on the sheet etc...
I recommend Assembly forms for this, Google it.

3) The map itself
-You haven't given any info about the map/time etc... from what i've read your city/town is set in Baton Rouge. Maybe some more data on the city/town/history and maybe some more information about this "Virus" would be good.

4) Files
-You haven't listen the files we will be using, e.g. maps, weapons, skins etc...
Maybe you could list them?
Trogers2
Trogers2
StoryTeller (KK)
StoryTeller (KK)

Number of posts : 1095

Character Details

http://kindred-knights.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:13 pm

The plot is actually going to take a while to end from what i've got planned. Some information is being withheld for a reason when it comes to the plot. I'd rather the players learn some of it in the game. The files i'm using are all listed in the recommended files on the Kindred Knights web site. I'll look into exactly which ones and post more information on that. I'll also post more information on the city itself as well. Thank you for the great response.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by ORi Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:04 am

I think the greatst problem I have with the plot is what motivation the characters have to arrive at the city and who exactly sent them(and why they were sent) especially in light of
problems with transportation..
Because in NWOD its my understanding that kindred rarely travel outside their cities and they usually need a good reason for that kind of hassle..

To be constructive,for example to solve that problem in the chronicle im writing the characters wake up from torpor in different areas of the city (some of them can be brought in torpid for whatever reasons the players decide). Post awakning the kindred then find themselves in a somewhat unknown territory(because even for the players whos characters are local much have changed since they fallen to torpor) and they are all brought togther when the city's Sherrif and deputies find them and brings them before the court.

ORi
Ancillae
Ancillae

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:49 am

Well the reason I am trying to go for is the Prince sent some kindred that he trusted out to embrace new kindred. This being for two reasons. The first is kindred are rapidly vanishing or leaving the city. So those loyal to the prince are few and far between. He is doing this to try to keep his hold on the city secure. The second is the kine in the city are infected so its unwise to embrace them. The players are sent to the city by their sires and are told to meet with someone at a motel outside the city for more answers. The method of travel will vary between characters but the main reason is that their sire brought them there.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Sat May 02, 2009 6:28 am

Ok I am just about ready to host my chronicle. To make a character I am going to need you to contact me when I am online and I will walk you through it. You can contact me via MSN or Hamachi.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 pm

You know im all ready Doan, just need to fill a sheet out.
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by doanlockheart Tue May 05, 2009 1:48 am

I am going to host my first part of my chronicle on Friday. For anyone wanting to join will need to contact me to get your character made and participate in a little training session. You may either contact me on msn, email, or hamachi.
doanlockheart
doanlockheart
Methuselah
Methuselah

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Doe Tue May 05, 2009 9:49 am

Dont be put off by the training session, i took like 10 mins, its just some basic stuff Smile
Doe
Doe
3rd Generation
3rd Generation

Character Details

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content